Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are currently accepting applications for this position.
San Francisco Pride is seeking an Program Associate to provide ongoing support to San Francisco Pride Staff and Contractor teams. This hourly position is between 25 and 40 hours a week, depending on production cycle, and nonexempt. The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as help manage a fast-paced event-based schedule with professionalism, maturity, confidence, and a sense of humor
The Program Associate reports to the Deputy Executive Director (DED); however, experience and comfort working with multiple teams in a variety of capacities is often necessary.
- Synthesize and handle important, often confidential information in a professional and considerate manner.
- Work collaboratively with various teams, team members, and Board members, at the direction of the DED, to support the production of the annual Pride Celebration and Parade.
- Help plan organizational events, meetings, and team-building activities or special projects.
- Provide timely and professional office support, including professional and courteous management of incoming calls and electronic correspondence; photocopying, faxing, and shipping.
- Assist in the processing of routine administrative paperwork, in compliance with organization policies and procedures.
- Provide requested research for upcoming projects, initiatives, and opportunities.
- Assist in the training and supervision of volunteers and interns.
- Support the Executive Director and other team members with data entry related to stakeholder and donor/sponsor data management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES
- Nonprofit experience or a demonstrated record that matches this experience.
- AA/AS degree or demonstrated field experience.
- Commitment to the mission and programming of San Francisco Pride, and experience working with LGBTQ+ communities, individuals, and other culturally diverse populations. Particular preference for those familiar with Bay Area LGBTQ+ organizations and communities.
- Strong communication skills including note taking, writing, proofreading, editing.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to use good judgement, observe and learn quickly, and make recommendations to find solutions.
- Capacity for relationship-building, and a team player willing to take on additional tasks within reason.
- Exceptional time-management skills with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
Wages and Benefits
This is a 25-40 hour/week position, based at SF Pride's offices in the Upper Mission/SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. The pay is ($25-35/hour) commensurate with experience. Medical, dental, vision, and vacation benefits are included.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT SF PRIDE REGARDING THIS POSITION.
SF Pride is an equal opportunity employer and does not not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Celebration Committee, Inc. is a nonprofit membership-based organization founded to produce the San Francisco Pride Parade and Celebration. SF Pride is dedicated to education, celebration, liberation, and commemoration of our community's heritage. This community includes Queer, Trans, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Intersex, and Asexual (TLGBQIA+) individuals.