POSITION: Executive Assistant
Date posted: January 14, 2024
ORGANIZATION: SF Pride Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Celebration Committee, Inc.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Celebration Committee, Inc. is a nonprofit membership-based organization founded to produce the San Francisco Pride Parade and two-day Celebration. SF Pride is dedicated to education, commemoration of LGBT heritage, and to the celebration of LGBT culture and liberation.
OVERVIEW: San Francisco Pride is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide ongoing support to Executive Director (ED). This salaried position is full-time, depending on production cycle, and exempt. The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as help manage a fast-paced event-based schedule with professionalism, maturity, confidence, and a sense of humor. The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director; however, experience and comfort working with multiple teams in a variety of capacities is often necessary.
- Manage and maintain the ED’s schedule: coordinate and manage calendars; coordinate and monitor meetings and conference calls; assist in the preparation of meeting documents and agendas; prepare and disseminate notes when asked.
- Act as a liaison for Executive Director to various stakeholders and team members. Maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with community, civic, and business leaders to encourage engagement with Pride.
- Synthesize and handle important, often confidential information in a professional and considerate manner.
- Work collaboratively with various teams, team members, and board members, at the direction of the ED, to support the production of annual Pride celebration and parade.
- Help plan organizational events, meetings, and team-building activities or special projects.
- Provide timely and professional office support, including professional and courteous management of incoming calls and electronic correspondence; photocopying, faxing, and shipping.
- Assist in the processing of routine administrative paperwork in compliance with organization policies and procedures.
- Provide requested research for upcoming projects, initiatives, and opportunities.
- Maintain and update the Executive Director’s contacts and networks.
- Assist in the training and supervision of volunteers and interns.
- Support the Executive Director and other team members with data entry related to stakeholder and donor/sponsor data management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
- 2-plus years of nonprofit experience or a demonstrated record that matches this experience.
- BA/BS degree preferred, or demonstrated field experience.
- Commitment to the mission and programming of San Francisco Pride, and experience working with LGBTQ+ communities, individuals, and other culturally diverse populations. Particular preference for those familiar with Bay Area LGBTQ+ organizations and communities.
- Strong listening skills and communication skills including writing, proofreading, editing.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to use good judgement, observe and learn quickly, and make recommendations to find solutions.
- Capacity for relationship-building, and a team player willing to take on additional tasks within reason.
- Exceptional time-management skills with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
- Spanish speaker preferred, not required.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time position, based at SF Pride’s offices in the Upper Mission/SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. The pay is commensurate with experience. Medical, dental, vision, and vacation benefits are included. $65-68k per year.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com