2014 RFP Information
1. SF LGBT Pride will need many types of equipment and/or services in order to produce SF Pride 2013. You must first contact the Event Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if the equipment and/or services you propose to bid on is what we need.
2. The event will take place in Civic Center Plaza and surrounding streets in San Francisco on June 29 and 30, 2014. We will begin setup on Friday June 27 at 9 AM and complete the breakdown by 12 noon on Monday July 1. These are general times; actual times will be provided to you based on what you propose to provide.
3. Since we will have multiple deliveries of equipment we ask that you adhere to our delivery and breakdown schedule.
4. Since our event covers the entire weekend, your availability, whether in person or by phone, to answer technical or informational questions will be required. You should be able to provide assistance on site during the event if the need arises
5. All bids must be complete, including, but not limited to, all set-up, delivery, taxes, staffing costs, breakdown, and ancillary costs.
6. If you offer a discount based upon the total cost of equipment ordered please indicate this on your bid. For example if you will offer a 10% discount for orders totaling $10,000 or more and a 15% discount for orders totaling $20,000 or more indicate these facts on your bid.
7. Keep in mind that the quantities, services required and specifications listed are estimates only. You should be prepared for a plus/minus 20% quantity deviations and minor specification adjustments to the attached list(s). However, SFLGBTPCC reserves the right to change specifications, services required and quantities when awarding and fulfilling contracts.
8. All contracts will be awarded no later than February 1, 2014. Final specifications, quantities and placement locations will be made by June 6, 2014.
9. Subcontracting of management or labor is not permitted. This does not apply to independent contractors regularly used by your company or organization.
10. Subcontracting of equipment is permitted as long as the subcontractor is identified in your bid and that you retain total management of the equipment subcontracted.
11. We will need to be named additional insured for those companies or organizations that will be providing workers on the event site. A copy of your insurance certificate with said endorsement will be required when the contract is signed.
12. Additionally we will need to be named additionally insured on the insurance policies of those providing structures, and other equipment.
13. If you require SF LGBT Pride to be named additionally insured on your behalf please indicate this in your proposal.
14. We require, for insurance purposes, the value of the equipment that you provide. We will notify you when we need this information.
15. If you have not provided us with equipment and/or services in the past three years please attach references to your proposal.
16. California Business License Number, if applicable, should be included with your bid.
17. This invitation and/or your submission of a proposal, does not express or imply a contract. Contracts will only be awarded by, and in the sole discretion of, SFGLBTPCC.
18. NON-DISCRIMINATION CLAUSE: During the performance of our Agreement, Contractor and its subcontractors shall not unlawfully discriminate, harass, or allow harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of sexual orientation, gender identification, sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition (cancer), age (over 40), marital status, and denial of family care leave. Contractor and subcontractors shall insure that the evaluation and treatment of their employees and applicants for employment are free from such discrimination and harassment. Contractor and subcontractors shall comply with the provisions of the Fair Employment and Housing Act (Gov. Code §12990 (a-f) et seq.) and the applicable regulations promulgated thereunder (California Code of Regulations, Title 2, Section 7285 et seq.). The applicable regulations of the Fair Employment and Housing Commission implementing Government Code Section 12990 (a-f), set forth in Chapter 5 of Division 4 of Title 2 of the California Code of Regulations, are incorporated into this Agreement by reference and made a part hereof as if set forth in full. Contractor and its subcontractors shall give written notice of their obligations under this clause to labor organizations with which they have a collective bargaining or other Agreement.
19. Please send your proposal to email@example.com by 5PM December 6th, 2013. Proposals submitted after this date will not be considered. Final decisions about new proposals will be made in January 2013 and notified by January 31, 2013. We look forward to reviewing your ideas.