"I am running to help get SF Pride back on the right track regarding governance of the organization. During the 8 years I previously served on the board, SF Pride was fiscally sound, gained the respect of the community, and made tremendous strides in expanding programming and practicing radical inclusivity. And we did it in full public view. Pride was then a model of non-profit board best practices. The SF LGBT Pride Celebration faces many challenges in the next few years. An active partnership with the community and membership through open board meetings, community forums, and stakeholder input is where we start to look for the solutions to those challenges."
Non-Profit Board Membership Experience:
- SF LGBT Pride Celebration Committee Board Member. 1998-2006, Board Secretary, one year, Board President four years.
- Harvey Milk City Hall Memorial Committee Co Chair. 2005- 2008. Raised $78,000 to commission and place a statute of Harvey Milk in SF City Hall.
- Nomenus: A Radical Faerie Sanctuary Project Board Member. 1983 - 2003. Board President 4 years, Secretary 3 years. Raised over $200,000 for purchase and development of a retreat center.
- Haight Ashbury Neighborhood Council Board Member. 2000 - present. Board President 2 years, Secretary 2 years.
Other LGBT Movement or Organizational Experience:
- Gay Liberation Front of Buffalo, New York. 1971-1976
- Radical Faeries. 1980 - present
- Gay history exhibition curator for the SF Public Library Main Branch. Curated last years major exhibit Radically Gay: The Life of Harry Hay.
- Calmus Fellowship, co-founder and Board Member 2012 - present.
- Edward Carpenter Forum, 2006-present, co-chair and website editor.
- Badlands Bar Boycott. 2005.
- San Francisco LGBT Pride Committee Community Advisory Board. 2011-2013
- SF LGBT Pride Committee CEO Search Committee. 2012
- Caregiver for Elderly. 2011-present.
- Exhibitions Curator. 2009 - present.
- Haight Ashbury Free Clinics, Inc. 1998 - 2010.
- Administrative Assistant to the Director of Substance Abuse
- Non-profit Board Best Practices Trainer. 2003-2004
Education or Training:
High School Diploma
Compass Point Non-profit Board Best Practices Training