Faerie Freedom Village
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Venue Managers: Benjamin Patterson, Darwin Mastin, Sam Zoranovich, DJ Justime
Bring your intention to connect as you enter the glitter gateway into Faerie Freedom Village. This magical sanctuary of radical queer community is also the longest standing community stage at SF Pride.
Revel in a spectacular, colorful, natural and non-commercial oasis that provides heart-connected sanctuary in the midst of an overwhelming street festival while also showcasing and celebrating queer creative spirit. Some of the area’s most talented avant-garde artists, performers and shamans gather to celebrate radical self-expression and community. You will experience live cabaret, performance art on and off stage, delicious dance tunes, stunning visual art, magic and rituals, transformations and transcendence.
Stage Program 11 am - 6 pm (tentative)
- 11:00-11:40 DJ Jokie
- 11:40-12:20 DJ Sappho (Portland)
- 12:20-12:40 Maya Songbird
- 12:40-1:00 Rosetta Stoned
- 1:00-1:35 Garrin Benfield
- 1:35-2:00 Drag Show, Part 1 w/Glitter Box
- 2:00-2:40 DJ Mark Louque (New Orleans)
- 2:40-3:05 Drag Show, Part 2 w/Glitter Box
- 3:05-4:00 *To Be Announced*
- 4:00-6:00 Afternoon Delight (Oakland) presents DJs Gehno Aviance, Robbin Simmons, Steve Fabus, Sergio Fedazs, Allen Craig, & Justime.
Faerie Freedom Village operates a gifting economy. There is nothing to buy and nothing to sell. We share things. You’re encouraged to bring art, drums, drag and inspiration for sharing. And we love it when you bring things to gift around! This is exactly the kind of community magic we LOVE to see! Also, cameras can be intrusive. Ask permission, or even better, get to know people before taking their picture.