There are currently no open positions with SF Pride
SF Pride is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or physical handicap.
The mission of the San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Celebration Committee is to educate the world, commemorate our heritage, celebrate our culture, and liberate our people.
Donations Manager Contractor*
* Please note that this is a contractor position only and not an employee position
SF Pride is currently seeking experienced and well-qualified applicants to apply for our Donations Manager contractor position. Well-qualified candidates with experience in outdoor events and event donations program management should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls regarding this position.
Donations Manager Contractor Position Description
The Donations Manager is a seasonal contracted position and reports directly to the Executive Director/CEO.
Generally, the Donations Manager’s duties are to implement and manage SF Pride’s Community Donations Partners Program at the San Francisco Pride Celebration® and as directed by the Event Director and Executive Director/CEO:
1. Participate in the donations partner selection and recruitment process.
2. Recruit "super volunteers" from the selected community donations partners to assist in implementing the Community Donations Partners Program.
3. Develop a strategy, with the Event Director and other SFLGBTPCC personnel, for the locations and solicitation of donations from those attending the Pride Parade and Pride Celebration® on Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30, 2013.
4. Design and implement a plan to account for and track the collection and delivery of all monies collected at the gates and at other locations as determined pre-event.
5. Schedule trainings for and provide trainings to donations partners who will work the donations gates at the Event.
6. Answer partner queries and generally provide support to donations partners in the lead-up to the Event.
7. Facilitate pre-Event meetings with the community partners.
8. Collaborate with other SFLGBTPCC entities that participate in the activities at the entry gates of the event (e.g., the Unlicensed Vendor Squad, Sponsor Team, Exhibitor Managers, and Pocket Pride®).
9. Attendance at all Multi-Divisional meetings is highly recommended. Attendance at the May Multi-Divisional meetings is a requirement of the Donations Manager position.
10. Provide a list of equipment/supply needs and review Event equipment/supply orders to assure proper provisioning of the Donations Tent and Donations Booth at the Event.
11. Work with the Executive Director/CEO or an SF Pride staff member designated by him/her to market and promote donations at the event gates.
1. Set up the Donations Tent in the Command Center as well as the Donations Booth on Civic Center Plaza.
2. Supervise the Community Partners and Zone Coordinators.
3. Assure that all donations gates designated as priority gates are adequately staffed and positioned so as to maximize revenue potential.
4. Make sure that all donations are collected and turned into the designated deposit location(s) and that all donations and buckets are accounted for and returned at the end of the Event.
1. Solicit timely feedback from all groups that participated in the Community Donations Partners Program.
2. Provide a thorough written report within fourteen (14) days to the Event Director detailing successes, challenges and recommendations for the future for the Donations Program.
3. Furnish all files, reports, computer files, agreements, forms and waivers, contact lists, or other work product related to this job to the Event Director or other representative of the SF Pride Celebration Committee as may be designated from time to time no later than 5:00 PM on July 26, 2013, and as otherwise requested.
The Donations Manager position is:
- A seasonal contractor position for the 2013 event
- Not an employee position
- Not benefits eligible
Well-qualified candidates with experience in outdoor events and event donations program management should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls regarding this position.